Peasants from all over the world came together in Jakarta, Indonesia to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the global peasant movement La Via Campesina between 6th and 13th of June 2013. As they are celebrating this anniversary, they are aware that on these same days, people in Turkey have been struggling for their rights to manifest their opposition to the demolishment of one of the central parks- Gezi Park- in the city of Istanbul.
This video shows the solidarity of Peasants of La Via Campesina with people in urban and rural Turkey, opposing the neoliberal transformation resulting in urban gentrification projects, privatization of the commons, landgrabbing and commodification of water, etc
Land, water and territories
- Action à Perwez : Non au bétonnage des terres agricoles
- Conferencia de Reforma Agraria: ¡Defender la tierra, honrar la vida!
- Conference of Agrarian Reform: In Defence of Life and Land!
- Conference sur la Reforme Agraire:Pour la vie et l’accès á la terre
- Fonds de pension et accaparement des terres au Brésil