Greetings from Taksim Gezi Park to Via La Campesina. Gezi Park resistance in Turkey started on May 27th, 2013 against the transformation of one of the most central parks in the city of Istanbul into a shopping mall. As people were using their democratic rights to protest, they have encountered severe police violence. Yet, the police violence did not stop people’s movement. On the contrary, each day more and more people started to join the struggle and the resistance also spread to many other cities. Gezi Park resistance has turned into a mass movement to protect the commons and public areas, to reclaim the democratic rights and participate in decision making and against the brutal police violence and governmental oppression. Thousands of people from different backgrounds and opinions gathered together in solidarity. This video shows the solidarity messages and support from people in Gezi Park to the international peasant movement, La Via Campesina.
Land, water and territories
- Action à Perwez : Non au bétonnage des terres agricoles
- Conferencia de Reforma Agraria: ¡Defender la tierra, honrar la vida!
- Conference of Agrarian Reform: In Defence of Life and Land!
- Conference sur la Reforme Agraire:Pour la vie et l’accès á la terre
- Fonds de pension et accaparement des terres au Brésil