A Three -Part Video Series - Save our Seeds!
These videos were put together by NFU Youth in an effort to present the voices and concerns of the NFU and it’s members to a wider audience. As young farmers and associates of the NFU, we see great value and significance in the work that the NFU does. We also see great potential for strengthening and extending this work through the use of multimedia and online communications tools.
Part 3 - Innovation Manipulation: This is the 3rd part in a series of videos on Bill C-18 — the omnibus agriculture bill that seeks to align Canada’s seed laws with the international UPOV ’91 system. The federal government claims we need UPOV ’91 to promote innovation. However, if passed, Bill C-18 will transfer more power and control over seeds to multi-national agribusiness firms including Monsanto, while increasing farmers’ costs and reducing farmers’ autonomy and Canadian sovereignty.
- Día Internacional de la Lucha Campesina 2017 - ¡Llamado a movilización global!
- International Day of Peasant Struggles 2017 | Call to Mobilise!
- Journée internationale des luttes paysannes 2017 : Droits des paysans, droits universels !
- International Conference of Agrarian Reform/LVC2016
- Conference Internationale sur la Reforme Agraire/LVC2016
- Peasants’ seeds